Tuesday 25 October 2016

Totally Teal Flowers :D


Using a Christmas free gift as the basis for a Birthday card :D For this card, I used the Nativity Scene Panel Die (well the outside of it) and the embossing folder from issue 16 of Die-Cutting Essentials along with the Intricate Native Flowers dies from Sizzix :D I used the embossing folder and die to create a frame, I first die-cut the rectangle from a piece of Cornflower Foundations card, then I lined up the aperture in the embossing folder so that the border would emboss nicely around the die-cut rectangle (it's best to do it this way round so you don't squash your embossing when die-cutting the aperture) :D I then used some teal Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Wax to add some pearlesence to the frame (this colour of gilding wax works perfectly with the Cornflower cardstock :D)

For all the flowers and leaves I used a mixture of Cornflower and Aqua Foundations cardstock, and also some white patterned vellum and some aqua vellum which I actually got in Paperchase, they were massive A2 sheets and they were selling them off at 50p!!! Crazy cheap price lol and it's a decent weight too, more like parchment!! :D I then arranged my flowers and leaves inside the frame, overlapping the edges to make them look as though they're peeking out :D and to finish it off, I added a Happy Birthday sentiment! I love it when you get a free gift like this one, because its sooo versatile and can literally be turned into any occasion when you utilise this gorgeous frame :D If you got this magazine, don't forget to check out page 72, where you'll see some of my cards :D :D :D Sooooooo exciting!!!!!

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D