Saturday 29 October 2016

Have a Batty Birthday :D


Another punny Halloween sentiment pair of cards, using the kitchen roll which I used to clean up the colorburst and pixie powder excess from the 'May Your Birthday Sparkle' cards I made a little while back :D I love the way the kitchen roll had dried because it looked like tie dye :D This card is a quick and easy card to make and also utilises what is potentially rubbish (the kitchen roll used to clean up from another card :D) When you glue down kitchen roll or tissue paper, which is basically see through anyway, the addition of a wet medium will enable you to see the surface underneath, therefore I decided to stamp my bats (this is a Hampton Arts stamp set which my mum had recently brought, and I pinched it off her to make this card :D) onto my piece of card before applying the matt medium and kitchen roll :D It is good to do it this way around as you'll get a crisper stamped image as you're stamping on smooth card rather than bumpy wrinkled kitchen roll :D

Once the matt medium had dried (I left it over night just to make sure it was completely dry) I then used my favourite stitched rectangle die (MFT Blueprints 13) to die-cut my card front panels. I knew I wanted to go with the punny Halloween sentiment of 'Have a Batty Birthday' so I found stamps that would create my sentiment, and used a large alphabet for the focal 'Batty' word. I also decided as the surface is lumpy and bumpy, like I said before, that I would stamp the sentiment on separate pieces and add them on... and because the word 'Batty' is quite large and would cover a lot of the design I decided to stamp this on vellum and cut around the edge :D The final finishing touches were then some Onyx Black Sparkle Pen and a few bat sequins :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



If you'd like to see more 'Halloween' themed/inspired cards, please check out my Playlist which I have linked below :D 



 Plenty more photos below :D









I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge :D