Friday 7 October 2016

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas :D




A pair of Christmas cards utilising the sentiments from the Traditional Christmas stamp set free with issue 35 of Creative Stamping :D I decided to focus on just the sentiments and using them with stamps I already had to give this traditional stamp set a more modern feel :D  And I decided to add the word 'little' back into the sentiment of the card on the left too, as they'd left it out in the stamp :D I was gunna add 'everywhere we go' to the card on the right, but I thought it might be nice to just hand write that inside :D

Both these cards were really simple :D Firstly I had to cut my stamps to get the pieces I wanted (I can still piece it all back together though so don't worry :D) You could just mask everything, but I find that's way too much of a faff, and I'd rather save time by cutting my stamps lol :D and then I simply stamped the sentiments where I wanted them... for the card on the left I then hand drew in a swirly line all around the sentiment to act as a string for my fairy lights (the fairy light stamp is from the Paper Smooches stamp set called Gently Seasoned two, I have to admit, that little fairy light stamp may have swayed me to buy this set lol, because I had this kind of idea in mind :D :D) I then added on my fairy lights at all different angles and then I thickened up the initial line I had drawn so that it was nearer the thickness of the stamped lines :D I did a similar thing for the card on the right, however I also used the little Lawn Fawn stamp set called Seasons Tweetings, as I wanted some small little birds to be holding up the word Christmas, as to me it looks as though its a string, so I continued it on at either end so the birds are holding it, and then I added on some fairy lights too :D

For the colouring, I used my Promarkers as usual :D Primrose, Soft Lime, Lemon, Canary, Gold, Cool Grey 1, 4 and 5, Blender, Poppy, Ruby, Forest Green, Pine, Pumpkin, Cool Aqua, Arctic Blue, Sky Blue, Powder Blue and Cocoa :D On both cards I used multiple shades of colour to create my faux Bokeh technique :D and I also added some light ink blending with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink too :D The final finishing touches were then some clear sparkle pen on the Christmas lights and some glossy accents too :D Hope you like the cards!! :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



LOTS more photos below!! I got a little bit carried away with showing the cards from different angles lol :D