Friday, 7 October 2016

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas :D




A pair of Christmas cards utilising the sentiments from the Traditional Christmas stamp set free with issue 35 of Creative Stamping :D I decided to focus on just the sentiments and using them with stamps I already had to give this traditional stamp set a more modern feel :D  And I decided to add the word 'little' back into the sentiment of the card on the left too, as they'd left it out in the stamp :D I was gunna add 'everywhere we go' to the card on the right, but I thought it might be nice to just hand write that inside :D

Both these cards were really simple :D Firstly I had to cut my stamps to get the pieces I wanted (I can still piece it all back together though so don't worry :D) You could just mask everything, but I find that's way too much of a faff, and I'd rather save time by cutting my stamps lol :D and then I simply stamped the sentiments where I wanted them... for the card on the left I then hand drew in a swirly line all around the sentiment to act as a string for my fairy lights (the fairy light stamp is from the Paper Smooches stamp set called Gently Seasoned two, I have to admit, that little fairy light stamp may have swayed me to buy this set lol, because I had this kind of idea in mind :D :D) I then added on my fairy lights at all different angles and then I thickened up the initial line I had drawn so that it was nearer the thickness of the stamped lines :D I did a similar thing for the card on the right, however I also used the little Lawn Fawn stamp set called Seasons Tweetings, as I wanted some small little birds to be holding up the word Christmas, as to me it looks as though its a string, so I continued it on at either end so the birds are holding it, and then I added on some fairy lights too :D

For the colouring, I used my Promarkers as usual :D Primrose, Soft Lime, Lemon, Canary, Gold, Cool Grey 1, 4 and 5, Blender, Poppy, Ruby, Forest Green, Pine, Pumpkin, Cool Aqua, Arctic Blue, Sky Blue, Powder Blue and Cocoa :D On both cards I used multiple shades of colour to create my faux Bokeh technique :D and I also added some light ink blending with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink too :D The final finishing touches were then some clear sparkle pen on the Christmas lights and some glossy accents too :D Hope you like the cards!! :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



LOTS more photos below!! I got a little bit carried away with showing the cards from different angles lol :D







2 comments:

  1. I found you because of your beautiful mixed media hearts card and the recognition at Simon Says Stamps Monday challenge. I love your beautiful projects, so much lovely mixed media and you are very generous sharing how you created them with us too. So am now following your blog and your You Tube channel Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, and for subscribing to my channel and my blog :D :D I was sooo excited to see my card in the Designer Spotlight on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D Thanks again!! Christine xxx

      Delete