Monday 10 October 2016

Congratulations on Your Engagement Balloons :D


A pretty pink balloon themed congratulations on your engagement card :D I used one of the solid balloon dies from the Fun on a String die set from Spellbinders to cut my apertures to create the shaker windows, I then added in some hand drawn outlines (on the shaker backer) to define each separate balloon, and I also drew in the strings too :D To make this shaker card extra fun, instead of using generic acetate, I made my own with encapsulated sequins using a laminating pouch and a laminator :D I then added the same sequins to the inside along with some pink micro beads too, using this 'handmade acetate' gives the effect that there's always some heart sequins towards the top of the balloons, and it hasn't all just fallen to the bottom :D


For the sentiment banner I used an MFT Horizontal stitched die, and I used the Congratulations sentiment stamp from the Paper Smooches Simply Said stamp set, and to finish the sentiment I hand wrote in the words 'on your engagement' :D I then finished the card off by adding a scattering of heart sequins and some of the tiny heart sequin confetti I used in the shaker as well :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D