Friday 28 October 2016

No Tricks Just Treats :D


A fun trick or treat inspired card using the Home for Christmas embossing folder and stamp set which came free with issue 154 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D I think you can also buy the door embossing folder and the stamps separately now from CraftStash.co.uk as part of their Apple Blossom Welcome Home collection :D I also created a really cool looking Spiders web using the Silver Moonlight Nuvo Glitter drops by #tonicstudios :D This looks so cool because it dries clear with silver sparkle so you can see the purple of the door through it and it makes it look even more like a Spiders web twinkling in the moonlight :D I really LOVE the way this Spiders web came out, I did also try drawing the same web in the Nuvo drops, but onto a non-stick surface so that I could in theory peel it off and stick it on top, however when the Nuvo drops dry they are quite brittle, so this didn't work, but I really wanted the effect so I just went for it and drew the web straight onto my card, and thankfully it looks brill :D :D :D

The overall concept of this card including the brick background and the style of the door is heavily based on a previous card I made called 'Christmas Wishes' but I've given it a spooky Halloween theme :D And this time I started with a light grey card (Pale Grey Foundations Card) for my brick embossing, and then I ink blended some Hickory Smoke, Black Soot and a touch of Wilted Violet Distress Ink over the top to add some depth :D For the door I used some purple card (Amethyst Foundations Card) and ink blended it with some Wilted Violet, and for the door frame I used some dark grey (Gunmetal Foundations) card :D The idea in my head for this card had three pumpkins around the front door to add some interest and a pop of colour, however I don't have any pumpkin stamps, so I drew three from the top of my head lol their expressions aren't that great but I think they go nicely with the feel of the card (if you don't like drawing your own elements you can easily find images of pumpkins on the internet and then you can colour them to go with your card :D)

I also added a little plaque for the door number, number 31 of course as its Halloween themed :D To begin with I wasn't sure how to incorporate my sentiment 'No Tricks Just Treats' but in the end I settled with creating my own little sign post to tuck in behind the pumpkins :D The final finishing touches were then obviously adding the Spiders web (it's best to do this as one of the last steps, and preferably before you go to sleep, then you can leave it to dry overnight :D) and also some bat and spider sequins :D AND... the great thing about using the Nuvo drops to make the web is that its basically a glitter GLUE so you can just place the sequins on while the glues still wet and they will stick firmly :D Hope you liked the card, this was meant to be tomorrows card, but I finished it this afternoon, and loved it so much that I had to share it today :D :D :D

To see the process behind this spooky tick or treat card please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you'd like to see my other 'Halloween' themed/inspired cards please have a look a my Playlist which I've linked below :D 



Lots more photos below :D


 







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge :D