Sunday 30 October 2016

Eye Wish You a Spooky Birthday :D


Another Halloween inspired card this time using the Festive Fun stamp set from issue 34 of Creative Stamping which came out a couple of months ago :D And I'm using the jar stamp again lol, it's the first jar stamp I've had and I keep thinking up more ideas :D So this time I've done a shaker jar full of Googley eyes :D :D :D This card is a really simple kind of shaker card as there's no fiddly areas to add foam tape too, instead you're popping up the whole panel :D

First I die-cut my stitched rectangle (MFT Blueprints 13) Then I stamped the jar, and added in a line with a black pen to act as a table :D I then used a pair of sharp scissors (I find #tonicstudios scissors are fantastic because they have a really nice sharp point to them) to first roughly cut, and then neatly cut out the interior of the jar :D I also coloured in the lid of the jar and added some wood grain effect using Promarkers, I used the Cool Greys for the lid and also Cocoa, Walnut and Burnt Sienna for the wood effect :D As googley eyes are quite chunky in profile, I needed to add extra depth to the shaker well, I tried just doubling the foam tape first, but in the end I had to triple it up as the biggest eye wouldn't shake around, so I added triple foam all around the back of the aperture and the whole panel (the great thing is when using googley eyes is that they are quite a reasonable size, so you don't need to worry about small gaps between your foam tape!!)

So I got to this point in the card, and then I was sitting there like 'hmmm what sentiment shall I use? I just had the idea for the shaker, I didn't really think that far ahead' lol I knew I wanted to switch the word 'I' for 'Eye' to make it punny, and then I was looking through my Lawn Fawn Scripty Word dies and found 'Wishes' and then I thought 'I've changed 'thanks' into 'thank' before so therefore it would work if I cut the 'es' off of 'wishes' so I had the word 'wish' so now I had 'Eye Wish' then I thought I might as well make it a birthday card, and a jar of eyes is quite spooky, so then I added all that together and came up with 'Eye Wish You a Spooky Birthday' :D Just thought I'd write out my thought process, not sure if anyone would be interested, but its how I make up my punny sentiments or how I go about mixing and matching sentiments to create my own custom ones :D Anyway back to the card... I used the label stamp from the Festive Fun stamp set, along with my Claire's ABC Lawn Fawn alphabet stamps to create most of the sentiment, and used the Lawn Fawn Scripty Wishes turned into Wish, and to make this lovely and sparkly, I added some onxy sparkle pen :D The finishing touch was then a few googley eyes outside of the jar :D Hope you like the card :D :D :D

To see the process behind this spooky googley eye shaker card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



To see more of my 'Halloween' themed/inspired cards, please check out my Playlist which I've linked below :D



Plenty more photos below :D







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge :D