Thursday 6 October 2016

Sleigh Bells Ring :D


A starry night sky with a striking silhouette of Santa's reindeer pulling his sleigh :D Made using the Santa Claus is Coming to Town free gift from issue 155 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D I love the shape of the reindeer :D And for this card I wanted to create a completely silhouette effect, so I used some funky foam to die-cut the lovely intricate sleigh so that I could also stamp this, I did make a stencil of the sleigh too, just by cutting the die from some white card so that I could fill in any parts I wanted to be solid with a piece of cut n dry foam and some black pigment ink :D

For the background, I used Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet and Black Soot Distress Inks, and I randomly applied them with an ink blending tool to create my night sky... I then splashed on some water and lifted the colour, and also added some splashes of watered down white acrylic paint to make some more prominent stars :D To continue the sentiment from the one included in the stamp set, I used the words 'are you' from the Lawn Fawn 'Baked With Love' stamp set, but any set that has a 'you are...' sentiment in it will do and you'll just need to stamp the words the other way around :D Then I needed the word listening, and I don't know about you, but I actually don't think I've ever seen the word listening in a stamp set, unless there's been one that says 'thank you for listening' so anyway... I had to write that in my self :D

For a touch of luxury to the card, I used some Pebeo Mirror effect foil... I squirted a tiny bit of Pebeo Mixtion Relief out onto my glass mat and spread it out with my finger, I then used the starry stamp from the free gift to apply this in a few random places on the card... you then need to wait till the paste has gone clear and then you can apply your foil, I used silver as silver is my favourite metallic :D I then repeated this step, but this time I added tiny dots straight from the tube, these did take a bit longer to dry as the application was thicker than when stamping the paste, but again once it has gone clear, you can apply your foil :D Then the final finishing touch was a little bit of white gel pen, just to add a little bit of definition onto some areas of the silhouetted images :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



A few more photos below, I was trying to catch the light at different angles so you can see the foil :D