Wednesday 5 October 2016

Shake it Up This Christmas :D


A fun Christmassy baking themed card today with a cute Gingerbread man shaker oven :D I love this Sprinkled with Joy stamp set from Lawn Fawn, it is adorable!!! :D A reasonably quick and rather clean and simple shaker card today :D I thought it would be perfect to use this custom sentiment of 'Shake it up this Christmas' with a shaker card, and what better thing to put in a Christmas shaker than Gingerbread men :D :D

For the sentiment, I combined a few different words from some different stamp sets and also a little bit of hand written wording too, as I couldn't find any stamps that said 'it up' in a small font, so I just emulated the font of the word 'shake' and wrote it myself :D I then stamped my oven image, and cut out the oven window, this is really simple, just pierce your scissors through the middle, cut away some of the excess card, and then neaten it up, it's only cutting out a rectangle, so its pretty simple :D On a separate piece of card I also stamped the baking tray with three Gingerbread men on, and I also stamped plenty of extra Gingerbread men too, I only ended up cutting out eight of them, but I thought it would be best to have too many :D For the colouring I used my Promarkers as usual... Mint Emerald, Red, Cool Grey 3, 4 and 5, Caramel, Sandstone and Purple :D

I also decided to add in some red heart sequins to my shaker too, to bulk it out a little, and so I didn't have to cut out some many little Gingerbread men, its quite tough on your hands cutting out really tiny images lol, you'd be better off with the coordinating die for that one :D And I decided to add a double thickness of foam tape too as I often find when I use stamped and coloured shaker elements they tend to get stuck more often, but the extra height for them to move around in seems to help :D Hope you like the card :D Happy Bake Off Wednesday #GBBO :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Here are some more photos of the card :D