Thursday 13 October 2016

Messy Christmas Cards :D


A trio of messy Christmas card (however one is a birthday card lol) using the Christmas Tree Die set which comes free with the Die-Cutting Essentials Special Edition Volume 2 :D These cards are also featured in issue 16 of Die-Cutting Essentials too which went on sale today :D

For these three cards, I decided to use the free gift in more of an abstract way, for the card on the left I used a circle die as a template when making my bauble, and then I turned the Christmas tree lights into mistletoe :D I did this by cutting two and sticking them together to create a double leaf look, and then I coloured them green and added in a doodly outline to tie them in with the rest of the card :D For the card in the middle, I took the present die and die-cut it three times from funky foam (I could have cleaned off the foam in between colours, but when you're stamping a whole background it's easier to have a separate one for each colour :D) I then drew out a grid lightly in pencil onto my card, you can see in the video I wasn't being too precise I was just using the present die-cut as a guide to how big to make my squares, and I also staggered the rows for a different effect :D I then simply decided on my design in my head, and then used Distress Inks to stamp my custom stamps (Candied Apple, Mermaid Lagoon and Twisted Citron)... For the card on the right, I decided to use the waste from a previously die-cut tree as a template to lightly trace the image onto my card front, I also used the star in the same way too :D I then used my Gansai Tambi watercolours (I also used these for the bauble card too) to paint in my tree and I deliberately left in lots of brush strokes to add texture :D

For the final finishing touches, I added some splashes with black ink, and I also added a sentiment using my ancient old DYMO labeller, I used generic sentiments for two of the cards, and the beauty of using a DYMO label for the sentiment is that you can write whatever you want, so to make clear that my fairy lights are now mistletoe, I added the sentiment 'Mistletoe Kisses' :D Hope you like the cards, don't forget there are full step-by-step instructions for these three cards in Issue 16 of Die-Cutting Essentials too which went on sale today :D :D :D

To see the process behind these card, please watch my YouTube video below or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you'd like the full step-by-step for these cards along with the full product list, you can find it all on page 72 of Issue 16 of Die-Cutting Essentials which just came out today :D

More photos below (although I bet they're not as nicely photographed as the ones in the magazine!! I haven't seen them in there yet, so I can't wait to get my copy!!!)





Mistletoe made from a fairy lights die :D :D :D