Sunday 16 October 2016

Floral Thanks Pebeo Fantasy :D


A floral thank you card combining the Pebeo Fantasy Paints with die-cut flowers to give a cascading effect :D For the die-cutting I used the 5x7 Modern Stationary die set from Spellbinders, and also the Spellbinders Rose Creations (I know you can create really dimensional gorgeous roses with these dies, but I thought it would be nice to use them just as a flower aperture or as a flatter flower :D) and I also used the Scripty thanks die from Lawn Fawn too :D

For the background panel, I used some Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks to add colour and I also splashed on some water to give a mottled effect :D For the main focal panel, there's a trick to being able to cut out multiple panels that are practically identical when using separate dies.... you tape all the dies to each other so that you can carefully peel them off in one piece keeping them all together, this allows you to cut multiples, and you'll need three for this card :D You'll also need an extra one of just the modern stationary shape too :D I then stuck two of the aperture pieces together and adhered this to the plain shape, this then gives you the wells to add your paints to (I also have a top tip, before sticking the aperture pieces to the plain shape, coat the plain shape in glue and let it dry, this will create more of a non-porous surface so the Vitrail glass paint won't seep into the card stock quite as much :D) Then you can go ahead and add your paints as desired, leaving the piece to dry on a flat horizontal surface for a few days to completely cure!! :D For this card, I was experimenting to get more of a pastel pink colour, and I mixed some White Ceramic paint into the Vitrail Pink and it seemed to work really well, it just gives an opaque effect :D

For the top panel (one of the identical pieces you cut) which is used to hide any mess, I went around the edge with a pokey tool to add piercing holes, and then I ran a purple pen around the edge going through each of these holes to give a faux stitched effect :D I then finished the card off by adding a piece of vellum behind the sentiment (using a smaller die in the 5x7 Modern Stationary die set from Spellbinders) and adding in some more flowers too :D hope you like the card, please do leave a comment if there's anything I haven't explained fully that you'd like to know :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you're interested in seeing more cards using these Pebeo paints, you can always watch my Playlist which features all the cards I've made using them so far :D :D :D



These are the Pebeo Paints which I used to create this card :D  


From left to right: Vitrail Glitter Medium, Vitrail Lightening Medium, Vitrail Pink, Ceramic White, Moon Pearl, Prisme Pearl Violine :D

Plenty more photos below :D