Wednesday 19 October 2016

Masculine Geo Birthday Card :D


Another baking themed card as its Wednesday, so that means Bake Off :D For this card, I decided to use the gingerbread man, but for a birthday card instead of a Christmas card :D And I also had an idea I wanted to try with the new Geo dies from Spellbinders :D I used the Optical Illusion die, and I decided to use it as a stencil (this was one I had cut from a thin patterned paper and it had ripped a little bit, so I thought to save it going to waste I would use it in a different way :D) and I stenciled through it with Pebeo Drawing Gum to create a resist technique :D Before doing this step, I cut the Gingerbread man die from some funky foam to make a custom stamp and then I stamped it using the drawing gum so that the gingerbread man would be protected :D

Once the drawing gum was dry, I used a combination of blues and greens in Gansai Tambi watercolours, Colorburst powders, Brusho and the Rich Gold Pixie Powder to create the background :D Once this had dried I then used my adhesive remove to remove the masking fluid and to reveal the white space, I then ink blended some ink over the top, I used Twisted Citron and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks :D However you could leave the stark white contrast if you wanted, I just fancied adding the extra colour :D I then watercoloured in my Gingerbread man using the dark brown colour in the Gansai Tambi set, and I added a little bit of ink blending around the perimeter of the card using Ground Espresso Distress Ink :D To add the detail back into the focal image I used a combination of black and white pens to add an outline and faux stitching, and I also added a doodled border combining stamps with wavy lines :D The final touch was the sentiment, with a hand drawn speech bubble around it, and also a strip of Washi tape, this wasn't in my original idea, but it was the perfect colour, so I thought why not add it :D :D Hope you like the card :D

I can't believe I'm almost at my 100th video, I set myself a challenge to upload daily until I had at least 100, and my 100th video will be tomorrow :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



Loads more photos below :D