Friday 14 October 2016

Purple Flower Shaker Card :D


A twist on a classic shaker card, making the border shake rather than a focal element :D And of course it had to be purple :D For this card I used a gorgeous flower stamp from a Craft Asylum stamp set, I have made a pair of cards very similar to this one about a year ago, however I had used stitched rectangles to create my shaking border rather than Labels 38 from Spellbinders :D

I should have done my stamping and watercolouring before the die-cutting, but I got carried away lol so firstly I die-cut all my pieces, and then I stamped my flower image multiple times making it look random, but spacing the flowers out so there would be a bit of orange (the flower centre) all over the card front :D For the colouring, I used my Gansai Tambi watercolours (love these paints, I really need to use them more :D) and I was deliberately going for a loose feel which is great because it makes the process so much quicker :D However you do still want to wait for the previous colour to dry before you move onto the next because otherwise they might run together :D

For the shaker part of the card, all you do is take a big sheet of acetate (well the size of your card front lol) and stick your frame element to the outside and then your label shape to the inside :D Then you want to add foam tape all the way around the perimeter of the card, and behind the centre label shape too, this will give the card some extra support :D For the shaker elements, I added seed beads in purple and clear, some chunky iridescent glitter (its the kind that sort of looks like the tiny little middles from sequins if you know what I mean :D) and I also used some purple flower shaped sequins too :D I then finished the card off with a sentiment from the cute Woodware Sausage Dog stamp set (but any happy birthday will do, I just thought this font would go great on this card :D) I added a little bit of clear spectrum noir sparkle pen, some faux white stitching with a white gel pen, and to finish off my focal flower I added a load of yellow seed beads to the centre with a big dollop of Cosmic Shimmer glue :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D