Friday 21 October 2016

May Your Birthday Sparkle :D


A pair of lovely purpley pink cards (my favourite colours :D) using the 'waste' from the Spellbinders Optical Illusion Geo die to create a mosaic patchwork coloured with colorburst and pixie powders to create a unique effect :D I love all things geometrical, and as soon as I saw the diamonds and triangles in the optical illusion die, I just knew they would work perfectly to piece back together into hexagons to slot in with the actual hexagons to make an almost mosaic patchwork :D And as I was using 'waste' pieces which I had cut from white card, I thought why not use pigment powders to colour them :D

To stick all the pieces back into place, I either used a wide double sided tape, or a piece of double sided sticky sheet, and then I filled in all the spaces with ultra fine glitter :D As I had added the glitter, I thought that this sentiment which was in a stamp set that came free way back with issue 127 of Papercraft Essentials would work perfectly, however I wanted to mix up the fonts a bit and make the sentiment fit the hexagon die, so I combined it with two other stamp sets to finish the sentiment, and I also changed the word day to birthday :D also the 'your' scripty stamp was from the Creative Stamps Bold Sentiments stamp set (from CraftStash) and I used the word 'you' and then cut the 'r' off of the word 'Mr' to make a scripty 'your' :D and I can still piece the M and r back together to stamp the word Mr too :D I love doing this as it makes my cards more unique, as its unlikely that many people, if any would own the exact same three stamp sets used to formulate the sentiment :D Hope you like the cards!! I really love the way they came out!! :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below, sorry some of them are a little fuzzy :D








I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :D