Saturday 8 October 2016

Congrats on Your New Home :D


A cheerful new home card made specially for Beth and Pete :D I used a laminator to sandwich a die-cut sentiment and some sequins into a clear overlay which I then attached to the card with some hand sewing using metallic thread :D Before attaching my homemade overlay, I stamped and coloured my scene using a mixture of Simon Says Stamp and Paper Smooches stamps :D

For the colouring, I used my Promarkers :D Leaf Green, Bright Green, Rose Pink, Pink Carnation, Umber, Caramel, Sandstone and Cool Grey 1 and I also used some Hero Arts ink for the stamping, I used Bubble Gum, Ultra Pink, Lime Green and Green Hills and then I used the Espresso Truffle Memento ink too for the tree :D To create the sky I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and a mini ink blending tool :D I then used a fine black pen to outline any of the stamped elements which I had only stamped in coloured ink, as I wanted them to tie in with the look of the house stamp :D I love this Simon Says Stamp stamp set, its the only one of theirs that I own, and I seem to always use it for New Home card, poor Beth and Pete are going to end up with three new home cards all with the same house stamp lol :D

I used the Avery Elle Dotty Rectangles die to cut my background panel and also the clear overlay panel too (it didn't cut entirely through this, so I used some scissors to finish the edge and I also used a sharp pokey tool to pierce holes in the indents that were left :D) I used this die so that I could easily hand sew around the perimeter (I could have added in extra sequins to make this a flat shaker card too, but I thought it looked pretty as it was so I just added sewing around the entire edge to hold both pieces together :D) The good thing about adding in the hand sewing is it means you don't have to try and hide the glue for holding down the laminated sheet!! :D Hope you like the card :D 

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D