Monday 17 October 2016

Pearly Heart Anniversary Congrats :D


An anniversary congratulations card using gems and pearls to create the focal heart frame :D I love this little stamp set that came free with the Die-Cutting Essentials Special Volume One, it's the only stamp set I have that has the word Anniversary on it!! :D

This card is really simple, however it is a little time consuming :D To begin with I die cut a panel of vellum, and I wanted there to be a pattern stamped underneath it, so I used the flourish stamp from the Sheena stamp set shown in the video (I can't remember the name lol) and I stamped it multiple times in Antique Linen Distress Ink straight onto the card blank :D For the main focal heart frame, I used two dies from the Creative Dies Nesting Hearts die set to give my frame and then I used a combination of pearls and gems of a similar colour tone in two different sizes to fill in the frame :D I did find they they were popping off once I'd finished the card, so I took some Cosmic Shimmer glue in a fine tip bottle and just added tiny dabs of it between lots of the gems and pearls and this has securely held them in place :D I then finished the card with the sentiment using a mix of fonts from different sets, stamping them in Perfect Medium and using Cosmic Shimmer Gold embossing powder to tie them in with the card :D Hope you like the card, it's a really simple idea, but it works so well and is sooo effective :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D