Wednesday 26 October 2016

Happy Birthday Pumpkin :D


My last 'baking' themed card today as its the final of Bake Off on telly tonight!! It's not a true baking themed card, but I thought it fitted with the season, and pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin pie are popular at this time of year :D It's also my first 'Halloween' themed card too :D However we don't really celebrate Halloween much in the UK, so I'm making most of them other sentiments, but there will be an actual Halloween card on Halloween :D :D I thought then that these would work well for people who have their Birthday on or around Halloween :D

I knew I wanted to use the sentiment 'Happy Birthday Pumpkin' so I based the whole card around that :D I remembered that mum and I had gotten these Tim Holtz Masks cheap ages ago, so I just had to use the pumpkin one on this card :D I ink blended a mix of Carved Pumpkin (how fitting lol) and Spiced Marmalade onto a piece of white card, and then I stuck the mask over the top, I then ink blended some Black Soot Distress Ink over the top to make the Pumpkin pop out :D I decided to go back in an added some further detail with some Promarkers, I used Gold, Pumpkin (again how fitting lol), Mandarin, Bright Green, Forest Green and Cool Grey 4 :D For the aperture of my shaker I knew I wanted a circular shape, but felt like I always end up using a plain or stitched circle, so I went for a Spellbinders cog die, but I just used the aperture :D Then for the shaker elements I simply used some pumpkin sequins, I think these were probably table confetti from a Supermarket, but I've had them for ages, and I think this is the first time I've actually used them lol :D Hope you liked the card, there will be more 'Halloween' themed cards from today until Halloween itself :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



I decided that while The Great British Bake Off was on telly I would upload a baking themed card every Wednesday in honour of it, today is the final, so this is the last video to be added to my Baking Themed Cards Playlist, which I have linked below :D



Plenty more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Autumn Challenge and also the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge :D