Monday 12 September 2016

With Love Jar of Hearts Shaker Card :D



A jar of hearts shaker card made using the jar stamp from the Festive Fun stamp set free with issue 34 of Creative Stamping :D for my sentiment, I used the Lawn Fawn scripty Love die (love this die lol) and also the Apple Blossom Upper Case Alphabet die :D I cut them from pink and white card so that I could offset them and give the white sentiment a pink drop shadow :D I also used some Lawn Fawn heart dies to create my larger shaker elements :D

So to begin the card, I stamped the jar stamp onto my front panel (I drew in a few extra 'screw threads' or black lines lol around the neck of the jar so it looks as though it hasn't got a lid on) and then I used a craft knife to help me get my scissors into the middle of the jar, I then cut around the inside roughly with scissors first, and then went back round and cut right to the line (I find this is the best way to get a neat effect as you get rid of most of the excess card so it makes cutting up to the line much easier :D) I added a little bit of shading using a Powder Blue Promarker to the neck of the jar... Behind the aperture of the jar, I stuck a piece of acetate and added some 3D foam tape around the perimeter and also around the rest of the card too to make the whole panel level :D (you can see this in the video below)... For the shaker elements, I used some die-cut hearts to tie in the colour of the sentiments shadow, and then I used two sizes of red heart sequins from Hobbycraft and some silver heart table confetti from Tesco :D I added this to my shaker window and then added my backer (just another piece of white card)... The final touches were then a pile of hearts to make it look like some of the hearts have been tipped out of the jar :D I love the way that with this shaker it doesn't matter that all the shaker elements fall to the bottom, because that's how they would be if you were pouring hearts out of a jar lol :D Hope you like the card, I've got another card using the jar stamp too which I'll probably post tomorrow, or sometime in the next week :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos :D





I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-stamp-it/

Happy #STAMPtember