Wednesday 21 September 2016

Have a Happy Birthday Cutie Pie :D


A really cute card featuring the dinky little pie stamp from Lawn Fawn's Cutie Pie stamp set :D I love altering stamps, and I thought it would be a great idea to alter the little pie into an apple pie with the leaves on, and a lemon meringue pie too :D I thought this card would be perfect for this week too, as its pasty week on GBBO :D

This was a really simple card to create, it just requires a little bit of thinking ahead and knowing what you want to create! I was inspired by this months challenge on the Seven Hills Crafts blog, and that's where I got some of the new Lawn Fawn release including this mini stamp set :D You can see in the video how I free-hand added in some extra details, and altered the top of the pie to resemble meringue, its not perfect, but it gives the effect :D I used Promarkers to colour as usual... Cool Grey 2, Cool Grey, 3, Cool Grey 4, the Blender, Leaf Green, Bright Green, Red, Poppy, Pastel Beige, Cinnamon, Sandstone and Caramel :D For the sentiment, I combined the thanksgiving themed sentiment from the set, with the Birthday word from the Year Two Lawn Fawn stamp set (this has to be one of my most used stamps sets, you can tell that in the video by the colour of the stamps lol) to create a birthday sentiment :D And for a final finishing touch, I added some Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen to the lemon meringue pies :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



 More photos below :D





I'm entering this card into the Seven Hills Crafts September challenge :D

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :D