Wednesday 7 September 2016

Falling Ingredients :D


A trio of baking themed cards in honour of The Great British Bake Off being on again tonight :D :D :D I made use of all three sentiments in this stamp set, mixing and matching the fonts with other manufacturers stamps :D I thought it would be really fun to have all the ingredients falling into the bowl so I used a combination of the actual stamps, slightly altered stamps, and also a few completely new images :D  In all three cards I altered the bag of flour so that it looks like the flour is falling out of the bag, and I also added the little pile next to the bowl so it looks like some has missed :D I added cracks to some of the eggs and I also drew in a broken egg with the egg flying out :D And for two of the cards, I added in a hand drawn bag of sugar (I really didn't like the original ones I drew, so I drew another and stuck it over the top, and I still don't really like it that much, but it needed sugar as that's one of the vital ingredients to cupcakes lol :D) I wish Lawn Fawn had a bag of sugar stamp, maybe there's one in an older set that I haven't seen?....

For the colouring, I used Promarkers as usual :D Red, Poppy, Tulip Yellow, Gold, Cobalt Blue, China Blue, Arctic Blue, Sky Blue, Caramel, Burnt Sienna, Putty, Cool Grey 1, Cool Grey 2, Blender, Vanilla, Satin and Pastel Beige (That Putty colour is perfect for eggs! I'd only ever used it as a skin tone before :D)... When mixing and matching different stamp sets for a more original looking sentiments, I do cut my stamps apart, I find this so much easier as you know you're not going to mess up on trying to mask off part of the stamp, plus if you don't cut away any of the excess polymer you can easily fit them back together :D Hope you like the cards! There will be another Bake Off themed one next week, and I just got the Lawn Fawn Sprinked With Joy set, and I'm dying to use it!! :D

To see the process behind this set of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below showing the three versions :D 








I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge :D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=6472
Happy #STAMPtember :D