Tuesday 20 September 2016

Mixed Media Pebeo Fantasy Hearts :D


A pretty pair of mixed media cards using the fantasy and glass paints from Pebeo, I've used the same kinds of techniques as in my previous card 'Mixed Media Fantasy Christmas Tree' which I posted a few days ago, but this was actually my first attempt at using these paints on cards :D As usual I couldn't start off with a simple card, and I had to use a die that has plenty of separate little wells to fill with paint lol, but it was great fun trying different mixtures of paints within each different heart :D I LOVE using the Onyx Prisme paint on my sentiments now too, in the video below you can see a sped up version of the Prisme effect forming on the Love sentiment :D Both the scripty words are from Lawn Fawn, I love this range of dies soooo much!! :D and I combined this with some DYMO label tape to finish off my sentiment :D (I use my Dads ancient old DYMO labeller, because I love the crispness of the font and the spacing of the font too, and I love the 6mm width tape, I can't seem to find this anywhere to buy which is really annoying, hopefully I'll see it somewhere soon!! :D)

I used lots of different combinations of the Pebeo paints on this card, I've listed all the paints I used below the photo a bit further down :D To try and create a neater effect I die cut 2 of the scribbly heart dies and stuck them together and then stuck that onto my base card, then I did all the messy bits of filling the wells with the different paints (on the second card, I did add a thin layer of glue to the base of each well to try and prevent so much of the vitrail from seeping through the card) Then I stuck another die cut over the top to hide where I had gone outside of the lines, or where the paint had dis coloured the cardstock :D Hope you like the cards!! I really love this technique, so I'm predicting there will be a few more cards like this in the near future :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below or over on my channel  CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below with a few explanations :D


These are all the Pebeo paints I used on this card, the Vitrail glitter medium, Pink and Crimson Vitrail, Carmine Moon and English Red and Onyx Prisme :D 






This is the With Love card above, and here this is purely just using the pebeo fantasy and glass paints :D 



This is the Birthday Wishes card above, and here I coated the base of the hearts with tacky glue, then let this dry before I applied the paint, I also added a tiny little plastic rose into one of the hearts, and I used some glossy accents to give an even shiner effect, however I think I prefer it without :D

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday blog Challenge, as I keep humming and whistling the 'Jar of Hearts' song after I made a card a little while ago with a Jar of Hearts on it lol

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog Challenge, as although the techniques of using the cool paints aren't clean and simple, the actual layout of the card is :D