Sunday 25 September 2016

Thanks for Lending a Helping Hand :D


A lovely lemon thank you card using a baby themed die set in a different way, I thought that this hand die would go perfectly with the sentiment 'thanks for lending a helping hand' and I have another good idea for the foot die too :D I also used my newest technique in this card, my mum and I came up with this together, and I've NEVER seen anyone else do it before!! laminating sequins!!! to give you acetate that has sequins floating within it!! It's sooooo cool, here I've used it just for a window card, but I have some more ideas up my sleeve using this fantastic new technique :D :D :D

I started by die-cutting my main panel, and then three hands into that, I also lined this panel up with my card base and cut the hands in the exact same place to create a window that lets you see all the way to the inside of the card :D as well as using my new technique of floating sequins in acetate, I also added some vellum behind the windows too, to give two layers of interest :D For the background, I did my other favourite technique of cutting the die out of funky foam to make my own stamp, and I stamped these multiple time using Pastel Yellow, Lemon Yellow and Butter Bar Hero Arts Inks :D This die set is from Fuzzy Lemon, this is the first die set I've brought from this brand, and they're great! I'm not sure if they're exclusive to CraftStash like Apple Blossom is, but I love the way they come with a generously sized magnetic sheet to store them on :D

I sandwiched the acetate between the front panel and the card base, and then added my vellum panel to the inside of the front of the card. Now for the sentiment, I used the Lawn fawn Scripty Thanks die (I love this die!!! its been used sooo much!!) and then I wanted to use my Dad's old DYMO labeller again, however I didn't have any yellow tape the right width for that one so.... I cut a length of the 9mm matt yellow tape I had (also an ancient roll, that's probably older than me! I know the labeller deffinetly is lol) and I trimmed roughly 3mm of the width of the tape, this then fit in my favourite labeller :D I think I did this before years ago with a different colour, but as always I end up forgetting cool useful things that I discover lol :D The to get this to be slightly raised, I stuck part of it to the thanks sentiment, where it was overlapping, and then turned it over and added tiny slivers of foam tape :D The final finishing touches were then some Clear Sparkle pen on the thanks die cut and also some Golden Glitter PVA glue from Cosmic Shimmer (this stuff is fab too :D) Hope you like the card!!

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D 







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :D