Saturday 3 September 2016

Happy Birthday and That's Vinyl :D


A fun birthday card with a punny sentiment inspired by the we love music stamp set from issue 31 of Creative Stamping and a Tim Vine Joke :D 'From now on I'm buying records, not CD's. And that's vinyl!' I thought it would be a good card to send someone who doesn't particularly like birthdays playing on saying 'Happy Birthday, and that's final... no arguments' lol I think it works :D

These two cards were really simple to create I stamped out the vinyl stamp 10 times, 5 for each card, and I used Versafine Onyx Black Pigment ink as it always gives a good deep black solid impression :D I then laid them out roughly how I had planned in my head, and although odd numbers generally look better, I felt like they need to be a bit closer together, so I cut one in half, and put half at the top and half at the bottom to give the illusion that I stamped and cut out 6 LPs :D For the sentiment, I used the Happy Birthday from the stamp set, and to customise it I used my DYMO labeller to complete my sentiment, I LOVE this labeller, its really old, as it's my Dads, but it uses the narrower tape (6mm) and I think this works soooo well for cards!!! :D :D :D

For the background, I used Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks to lightly blend in some colour, I then used Lulu Lavender Memento ink and a variety of the stamps from the set to add some subtle detail to the ink blending, I love how you can use the ends of the hair from the girl stamp to add some fun texture :D I added a few splashes to the background using some watered down Distress Ink and a small paintbrush... And once I'd assembled everything, I added a little bit of Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen :D Hope you like the cards :D

To see the process behind these cards, please do watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D





I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-30/