Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Congratulations Heart Using Scraps :D


I made this card using the scraps from yesterdays African Sunset card, and also a bit of the yellow DYMO tape left over from my Helping Hand card :D I made a card a little while ago where I did this kind of technique, but I wanted the stripy heart, and I kept looking at the waste part think, this would make a great card, so this card was born :D I used the scraps of card cut off from the panels I had used colourburst and pixie powders on for yesterdays card, they looked far too pretty, especially the pieces with the gold mica on, so I couldn't throw them away, I had to think of a way to use them and I thought this was perfect :D

The video is pretty self explanatory for this card, but basically, I started off by using a Pritt Stick to cover a piece of scrap card, then I laid down my scraps of coloured card onto this, butting them up against each other. I then used two nesting heart dies to cut my main focal element. I raised this panel up with foam tape, and added the smaller heart back into the aperture. I also added a little bit of doodling with a black pen to tie in the black ink I'd used on the sentiment :D Instead of leaving the main white panel flat, I decided to use an embossing folder on it, but you need to remember to make sure you've added all your stamping and doodles before you emboss it lol :D The finishing touches were then a few extra thin strips of gold glitter card (this was actually the bit I had gutted from the matt I used on my Fantasy Christmas Tree card from a little while back :D) and then I added some white die-cut hearts and used some Cosmic Shimmer Golden Sparkle PVA on top of them :D Hope you like the card :D 

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



The video below shows where I got the scraps from that I used for today's card :D 



 Plenty more photos below :D





I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Powder Power Challenge :D

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous way to use scraps and I adore the brightness of this card with just that hint of shimmery gold glitter...gorgeous, Christine! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete