Tuesday 27 September 2016

Congratulations Heart Using Scraps :D


I made this card using the scraps from yesterdays African Sunset card, and also a bit of the yellow DYMO tape left over from my Helping Hand card :D I made a card a little while ago where I did this kind of technique, but I wanted the stripy heart, and I kept looking at the waste part think, this would make a great card, so this card was born :D I used the scraps of card cut off from the panels I had used colourburst and pixie powders on for yesterdays card, they looked far too pretty, especially the pieces with the gold mica on, so I couldn't throw them away, I had to think of a way to use them and I thought this was perfect :D

The video is pretty self explanatory for this card, but basically, I started off by using a Pritt Stick to cover a piece of scrap card, then I laid down my scraps of coloured card onto this, butting them up against each other. I then used two nesting heart dies to cut my main focal element. I raised this panel up with foam tape, and added the smaller heart back into the aperture. I also added a little bit of doodling with a black pen to tie in the black ink I'd used on the sentiment :D Instead of leaving the main white panel flat, I decided to use an embossing folder on it, but you need to remember to make sure you've added all your stamping and doodles before you emboss it lol :D The finishing touches were then a few extra thin strips of gold glitter card (this was actually the bit I had gutted from the matt I used on my Fantasy Christmas Tree card from a little while back :D) and then I added some white die-cut hearts and used some Cosmic Shimmer Golden Sparkle PVA on top of them :D Hope you like the card :D 

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



The video below shows where I got the scraps from that I used for today's card :D 



 Plenty more photos below :D





I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Powder Power Challenge :D