Saturday 24 September 2016

Happy Isle of Wight Day 2016 :D



Today (24th September 2016) is Isle of Wight day!!! I love the Isle of Wight, so I wanted to make a card celebrating today :D I have drawn my own stylized outline of Wigit (my nickname for IOW) and filled in the shape with buttons, pearls, gems and microbeads :D My original idea was going to be to use a frame from £land, which is just plastic but looks nice and ornate with an oval aperture (I love these frames, and the rectangle aperture ones too, I must have up-cycled nearly 20 now lol) and I was going to do this same idea of the button and gem IOW and then fill in the rest of the oval aperture with my Pebeo paints, however I kind of lost track of time and only started making this this morning... but I LOVE the way this has turned out so I will definitely be making one in a frame in purples and silver for my lounge :D

I started by sketching out an IOW shape in pencil, and then I moved on to paint the background :D I used Broken China Distress Stain and a flat brush to create multiple horizontal stripes across the panel... Once dry I drew around my IOW shape with a black pen to give it definition, then the fun part :D I flooded an area of the outline with Cosmic Shimmer glue (I love using this glue because it dries clear and matt!! so its great if you end up making a bit of a mess lol) I then proceeded to add in a mixture of buttons, pearls, gems and finished by coating any excess glue in green microbeads (these have a mind of their own! They go everywhere!! However my little tiny pot is still pretty full :D)... For the sentiment I used a Heidi Swapp 'Happy' die and I finished the sentiment off with my DYMO labeller (I use my Dads really ancient one that he gave me because I love the spacing of the font and also the narrow width of tape too)... the final touch was a few die-cut L:awn Fawn hearts and then some Clear Sparkle Overlay pen :D Hope you like the card!!! I really LOVE it and I can't wait till I have the time to make my purple one in a frame for my lounge!!! :D :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D