Tuesday 6 September 2016

Relax It's Your Birthday :D


When I got Creative stamping issue 31, I had this idea to use the plectrum stamp and make some 'hippy' style flowers, and I wanted to somehow combine this with the guitar, however when I jotted down my idea I had drawn the guitar much bigger than the stamp, so I used the deck chair from Creative Stamping issue 32 as well to make a bigger focal element, and then I used one of the sentiments from Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 153 too :D you can see my process in the video below, and when stamping the flowers you can see how I just stamped five roughly in a circle to create a five petal flower, I felt like they needed a little bit more definition as a flower, so I used a little flower die to cut out some funky foam and I used this as a stamp in a coordinating colour of ink :D (later on I did add some doodling around these small flowers too with coloured fineline pens :D) For the background stamping I used my Hero Arts mini ink cubes: Tide Pool, Pool and Lime Green for the blue card, and Lemon Yellow, Orange Soda and Ultra Pink for the other :D

For the guitar and the deck chair I used Promarkers to colour them: Agean, Mint Green and Bright Green for one deck chair, Caramel and Burnt Sienna for all the wood and then Canary, Pumpkin and Cerise for the other deck chair :D For the Relax sentiment, I used a solid alphabet stamp set from Papermania, and I embossed it in true white detail embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer, however I knew I wanted it to have a black outline, so I carefully traced around the edge of the letters to define them :D To make the deck chair and guitar more prominent, I added in a die-cut piece of vellum behind them just to mute down the background a little bit, and for the second part of the sentiment, I stamped it on white card, added a few hand drawn musical notes and then roughly cut around it :D so the sentiment now reads 'Relax, it's your birthday' :D Hope you like the cards :D :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=6472  #STAMPtember