Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Relax It's Your Birthday :D


When I got Creative stamping issue 31, I had this idea to use the plectrum stamp and make some 'hippy' style flowers, and I wanted to somehow combine this with the guitar, however when I jotted down my idea I had drawn the guitar much bigger than the stamp, so I used the deck chair from Creative Stamping issue 32 as well to make a bigger focal element, and then I used one of the sentiments from Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 153 too :D you can see my process in the video below, and when stamping the flowers you can see how I just stamped five roughly in a circle to create a five petal flower, I felt like they needed a little bit more definition as a flower, so I used a little flower die to cut out some funky foam and I used this as a stamp in a coordinating colour of ink :D (later on I did add some doodling around these small flowers too with coloured fineline pens :D) For the background stamping I used my Hero Arts mini ink cubes: Tide Pool, Pool and Lime Green for the blue card, and Lemon Yellow, Orange Soda and Ultra Pink for the other :D

For the guitar and the deck chair I used Promarkers to colour them: Agean, Mint Green and Bright Green for one deck chair, Caramel and Burnt Sienna for all the wood and then Canary, Pumpkin and Cerise for the other deck chair :D For the Relax sentiment, I used a solid alphabet stamp set from Papermania, and I embossed it in true white detail embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer, however I knew I wanted it to have a black outline, so I carefully traced around the edge of the letters to define them :D To make the deck chair and guitar more prominent, I added in a die-cut piece of vellum behind them just to mute down the background a little bit, and for the second part of the sentiment, I stamped it on white card, added a few hand drawn musical notes and then roughly cut around it :D so the sentiment now reads 'Relax, it's your birthday' :D Hope you like the cards :D :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=6472  #STAMPtember

2 comments:

  1. Such fun and colorful cards, the guitar really stands out and the background is amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Sandra :D Christine xxx

      Delete