Monday 26 September 2016

Colourburst African Sunset :D


A bright and vibrant sunset created using Ken Oliver Colourbursts and Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders, using solid silhouette stamps in black for a dramatic contrast :D I started off by spraying some Lemon Zest Dylusions (this is in a different bottle because I dilute mine down so I get 8 times as much ink :D) and also some water, I then tapped on some Tangerine and Fushia colourbursts to create my sunset effect from yellow to orange to pinkey red :D I also added in some Rich Gold Pixie Powder from Cosmic Shimmer, this contains pigment and mica, and this gold colour is fabulous!! I already have 6 colourbursts and 4 brushos, which are flat colours, so I thought I would invest in the gold and silver versions of Pixie Powders so I can mix in some mica pigments too :D I use a cheap washing up bowl to do all my spraying in, as it can get a bit messy and I get annoyed if all the surrounding stuff gets splattered lol, this is also why my fingers are blue, as I just cleaned the bowl before filming lol :D

I took these two backgrounds out of the bowl, and left them to dry, and then I used some kitchen roll to wipe out my bowl, and I have another card coming using this John Lockwood style :D I then used my MISTI to stamp my silhouette images so that I could stamp them multiple times for a solid impression, and I also stamped my sentiments too from two different Avery Elle stamp sets :D I used white frames to make the scenes pop on the card, and I cut these using my MFT stitched squares and rectangles :D I also have another video coming soon showing how I used all those pieces of inked card which I cut off when I created my two backgrounds :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D








I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Powder Power Challenge :D