Thursday 1 September 2016

Gelli Print Umbrellas :D


I created these cards using the umbrella stamp from the Summer in the Garden stamp set from issue 32 of Creative stamping, and I teamed it up with a background made using Distress Inks on a Gelli Plate :D I started by stamping out lots of umbrealls on my two card fronts, one portrait and one landscape just to make them a little bit different :D I then stamped the umbrella on a wad of four all over sticky post-it notes, I did this twice, and then I cut out the two images leaving me with eight masks for my umbrellas :D

I added all the masks to the umbrellas on the first background, and then I used a combination of Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Ink on my Gelli plate along with a custom stamp (made from cutting a raindrop die from some funky foam and sticking them to an acrylic block) You can see my process of building up the layers and using the stamp to take away or add ink to create depth in the video below :D and then I simply repeated the process for the second card! I initally decided that I was going to colour in the umbrellas in tones of grey Promarkers, however, after colouring the first card, and it taking me ages, I decided to try using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to watercolour in the umbrellas on the other card.... The landscape card was with Promarkers and the portrait card is watercoloured with Distress Ink :D And all the handles were also coloured with dark grey and black Promarkers :D I also added a few hand drawn raindrops in white gel pen to the background too to break up the solid colour! and I added a different sentiment to each, I originally stamped one flat onto the card, but felt like it got too lost, so I stampted it on some white card and cut around it instead :D Hope you like the cards! It's funny how the background looks like it was the most time consuming part, but that it actually only took minutes to create :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-30/