Wednesday 14 September 2016

Birthday Wishes Kenwood KMix Style :D


It's Wednesday, that means another baking themed card in honour of The Great British Bake Off #GBBO being on tonight :D For this card, I decided to make the mixer stamp from the Lawn Fawn Baked With Love stamp set look like a Kenwood KMix mixer :D And of course I had to colour one of them to look like mine, the Fire Cracker version :D I really love the way this card turned out, I've had this idea in my head ever since I got this stamp set and I finally got round to making it :D So to turn the Lawn Fawn mixed into a Kenwood mixer, I used some selective inking, where I missed out the bar going across the top of the machine and also a section in the back piece so I could add in the controls :D I also added a little lever to the back, I made the top motor section separate and I drew in the lines on the stripey mixers :D

I decided to mix up stripey and plain mixers, I had to include mine, so I balanced that stripey one with the solid orange one, then I balanced the monochrome one with a plain white mixer, and finally I balanced the other multi-coloured one with the blue mixer :D For the colouring I used my Promarkers, I used the Blender, the Black and the five Cool Grey markers for all the 'metal' areas and the monochrome mixer... The blue mixer was a combo of Cyan and China Blue and the orange was a combo of Pumpkin and Mandarin... For the Fire Cracker version (middle right) I used Burgundy, Pastel Beige, Khaki, Aubergine, Cerise, Magenta and Pumpkin and for the other stripey one (top left) I used Amethyst, Shale, Lemon, Lime Green, Cerise, Magenta, Forest Green, Olive Green, Lilac, China Blue, Aubergine and Cyan :D The final touch was then the sentiment, I used the banner die from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die set, and I used the 'birthday' from Baked With Love stamp set and the 'wishes' from Sprinkled With Joy stamp set (this is the only stamp I've used out of this set so far, can't wait to make a proper card with it :D) Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D



Here's a close up of the one I coloured like my Kenwood :D 


I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :D