Tuesday 13 September 2016

Spread a Little Cheer This Christmas :D


A Marmalade themed card using the Build-a-Bike die from issue 152 of Simply Cards and Papercraft to create the background oranges, combined with the Festive Fun stamp set from issue 34 of Creative Stamping :D A great Christmas card for a marmalade addict lol :D I started off by using the wheel die from the bike set to cut some funky foam, and I also used a circle die that was roughly the same size as the wheel too :D I then used Butter Bar and Orange Soda Hero Arts ink cubes to ink up my custom stamps and create the basis of my background, I stamped all the solid circles first in Butter Bar, then added the wheel in Orange Soda over the top :D

For my focal element I used the jar stamp from the Festive Fun stamp set, I first stamped the jar cover, then masked this off with an all over sticky post-it note, and then I stamped the jar image over the top, this then creates a one layer image of the cover over the jar lid :D I also stamped on my sentiment, I used the 'spread a little cheer' sentiment, I love this punny sentiment and I also used a 'Christmas' word stamp (from the Home for Christmas free gift from issue 154 of Simply Cards and Papercraft) I then wrote in the word 'this' in between to give my overall sentiment of 'spread a little cheer this Christmas' :D For the colouring I used my Promarkers as usual, I used Gold, Pumpkin, Mandarin, Powder Blue, Arctic Blue, Sky Blue and Aegean.... After finishing my focal image and laying it on top of my background panel, I felt like there was too much white space, so I used Pastel Blue, Soft Pool and Tide Pool Hero Arts inks along with the cute modern snowflake stamp from the Festive Fun stamp set to give an almost Bokeh effect with the different tones of blue stamping :D Hope you like the card! This would also work great with lemons in the background and a jar of lemon curd, or strawberries in the background and a jar of strawberry jam... or you could even do a chocolate spread version? :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D