Thursday 29 September 2016

Customised Thanks :D


A customised thank you card made using a technique I've seen John Lockwood use on Hochanda, and to go along with my custom sentiment, I used the Build-a-Bike die from issue 152 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D So to do this John Lockwood style technique you use a piece of kitchen roll to clear up your mess after using pigment powder such as pixie powders, and then you let it dry :D You then stick this to a piece of white card with plenty of glue, and then sprinkle in different things, I decided to use three colours of glitter, some gilding flakes and also some gold star sequins :D When I saw John demo this on Hochanda he had used a sparkley glue form Cosmic Shimmer, so that's why I decided to add in some glitter because I didn't have that lol :D anyway, I thought I'd give it a go, and I quite like the result :D

The rest of the card is pretty simple, I cut the bike from some glitter card (this was actually the scrap piece I had gutted from behind my Fantasy Christmas Tree I posted a little while ago) and then I was faffing around about how to frame this onto the card, but I finally decided to go with just a faux stitched white border rather than a solid frame... I also used the Lawn Fawn scripty Thanks die, and again I used my ancient old DYMO labeller, I had to cut down the width of my red label tape to fit in my favourite labeller again... and then I added a few extra stars in a bigger size to finish it off :D Oh and if you're wondering about the funny sentiment 'Thanks for building a wheelie great shed' this card was for my Dad as he just built me and my sister a bike shed for our front garden lol :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D




I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Powder Power Monday Challenge and also the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge :D :D :D