Friday 9 September 2016

Gelli Print Background Flowers :D



More cards using the Gelli plate :D These three cards all have a Gelli print background created using Distress Inks, and to add texture I also used some embossed card (created using an embossing folder), some punchanella and even some bubble wrap rather than using conventional stencils :D For the backgrounds I used a combination of Weathered Wood, Broken China and Faded Jeans for the blue card and Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Seedless Preserves for the other two :D

I started off by heat embossing my flower images and sentiments in Detail Clear embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer, and then I used some Pebeo masking fluid to mask off my flowers and some splats in the background :D I then created my layered background using various colours of Distress Ink with a brayer, and using different things to add in some texture and to remove some colour from the surface of the plate (you can see my process in the video below :D) Once I had finished with my backgrounds, I wiped off the excess ink from on top of the liquid mask and then I rubbed the masking fluid away to reveal my flowers :D

For colouring in the flowers, I used my Promarkers, you shouldn't really use alcohol pens to colour when you've heat embossed your image as the embossing powder can mess up the nibs on your pens, but if you're careful its fine :D I used Blue Pearl, China Blue and Cornflower for the blue flower, Lavender, Lilac and Violet for the purple flower, Pale Pink, Soft Peach and Salmon Pink for the peachy flower and then Meadow Green and Leaf Green for all the foliage :D I also used the middle shade of each of the flower colours to outline my image and my sentiment too, just to give a little bit more contrast and make everything more legible :D Hope you like the cards! You can tell I liked using this flower stamp (which was lent to my mum from a friend of a friend) as this is the third video using it lol :D :D :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into:
The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=6472
The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-stamp-it/