Saturday, 17 September 2016

Hot Air Balloon Happy Birthday :D


A tranquil birthday card featuring the gorgeous hot air balloon stamp from the Up in The Air stamp set free with issue 33 of Creative Stamping, and I also used a sentiment from the Humming Bird stamp set which came with issue 153 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D This was a birthday card for my Nan, I was on holiday at her house the week before last, and I'd taken some of my most recent crafty mags with me for her to have a flick through, and she saw this stamp being used and fell in love with it, so I just had to use it on her birthday card :D

So I started by tracing around the rectangle die I always use onto a piece of A6 card so I knew where to stamp, and then I stamped my three balloons, I had the layout planned in my head so I knew exactly where I wanted to place them, and then I added my stamped sentiments too :D I decided to use my Aqua Markers to colour the images, I had to be a bit careful though as I'd only used smooth white card, but I prefer the colour of white card over watercolour card anyway :D I tend to only use watercolour card if I know I'm going to cover most of it up, or if I know that I want to use lots of water :D You can see in the video how I was applying the pen and then dragging out the colour with a damp paint brush, and I also used some Spectrum Noir sparkle pens, I used the clear overlay, Starry Sky and Berry Red just to add some deeper colour and some intense sparkle :D The final touches were then the addition of some die-cut clouds using the Spring Showers die set from Lawn Fawn, and then some tiny gems and glitter dots to embellish :D Hope you like the card! I know my Nan did :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



 More photos below :D







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge as Hot Air Balloons always remind of the film Wizard of OZ :D

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your card is beautiful! I love the different patterns on the balloons and the way you colored them. The pearl dots and sequins are the perfect final touch. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete