Saturday 17 September 2016

Hot Air Balloon Happy Birthday :D


A tranquil birthday card featuring the gorgeous hot air balloon stamp from the Up in The Air stamp set free with issue 33 of Creative Stamping, and I also used a sentiment from the Humming Bird stamp set which came with issue 153 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D This was a birthday card for my Nan, I was on holiday at her house the week before last, and I'd taken some of my most recent crafty mags with me for her to have a flick through, and she saw this stamp being used and fell in love with it, so I just had to use it on her birthday card :D

So I started by tracing around the rectangle die I always use onto a piece of A6 card so I knew where to stamp, and then I stamped my three balloons, I had the layout planned in my head so I knew exactly where I wanted to place them, and then I added my stamped sentiments too :D I decided to use my Aqua Markers to colour the images, I had to be a bit careful though as I'd only used smooth white card, but I prefer the colour of white card over watercolour card anyway :D I tend to only use watercolour card if I know I'm going to cover most of it up, or if I know that I want to use lots of water :D You can see in the video how I was applying the pen and then dragging out the colour with a damp paint brush, and I also used some Spectrum Noir sparkle pens, I used the clear overlay, Starry Sky and Berry Red just to add some deeper colour and some intense sparkle :D The final touches were then the addition of some die-cut clouds using the Spring Showers die set from Lawn Fawn, and then some tiny gems and glitter dots to embellish :D Hope you like the card! I know my Nan did :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



 More photos below :D







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge as Hot Air Balloons always remind of the film Wizard of OZ :D