Monday 5 September 2016

Bright Stencil Flowers :D


A combination of an emboss resist with ink blending and stencils :D Made using a couple of older stencils from Joggles :D The swirly one is called Endless and the splatty one is called Star Flower :D I love the way that stencils are so versatile and that you can ink blend through them, or apply Distress Ink onto the stencil, spritz with water and then transfer the design to your blended background :D

For the emboss resist, I used Clear detail embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer, and orginally I had also stamped and embossed my sentiment too, but I decided to cover this in the end :D When making the purpley card I used Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Saphire Distress Ink and for the yellowy orange version, I used Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks :D On the purple card for blending over the Endless stencil, I used Seedless Preserves, and I used all three colours when applying the ink to the stencil and transfering the pattern on the orangey card :D I thought that the flowers were blending into the background a bit too much, so I used one of the colours I'd used for blending the background to add some more solid colour... and on the orangey card, I did lift some of the colour out before I added in more colour :D I die-cut the panels using the large rectangle from the Avery Elle Dotty dies set, and I decided to run a pen around the edge through the dots to give a faux stitched look (I really want to try this by actually stitching round the edge too :D) Then the final finishing touches were adding my new sentiment, a few black and white doodled swirls and a scattering of sequins :D Hope you like the cards...

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D






I'm entering this card into:
The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-30/
The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=6472  #STAMPtember