Friday, 23 September 2016

Merry Christmas Polar Bear :D


A really cute Christmas card using the Cute Christmas Character die set from issue 138 of Papercraft Essentials :D I love this Polar Bear sooo much :D I want to try a similar version of this card in different colours for the Snowman and the Penguin critters that you can also make using this gift as they are both adorable too :D

I started with the background for this card, I used the inside die to cut some funky foam, and I used the two pieces that are meant to be the Snowman's arms as a snowflake, I mounted them opposite each other on my acrylic block, so all I had to do was stamp this four times and I got a fantastic looking snowflake :D I used Weathered Wood, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Inks, and I used a combination of first and second generation ink :D I also repeated the process of stamping in the three colours with two of the dots that I had also cut from the funky foam, I just felt like the background needed filling in a tiny bit more :D To make the background extra Christmassy, I spritzed it with water, and added on some Silver Dream Pixie Powder (I literally just got this this morning, I started making this card before lunch, and then my CraftStash order arrived, so I just had to use it on this card :D)

I then die-cut and assembled my Polar Bear, this is sooo adorable!!! If you did it in browns it would make a great teddy bear too :D I felt like he was getting a little bit too lost in the background, so I added a die-cut panel of vellum to mute down the background a little :D I then used the Merry Lawn Fawn Scripty die along with a Christmas stamp from the Apple Blossom Merry and Bright stamp set to create my sentiments, and my final finishing touch was then three beautiful delicate silver snowflake sequins :D I REALLY love this card!! I love it when the card you imagine in your brain actually comes out in the flesh :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel,
CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D





I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, as I've been listening to Christmas music already, and this is the result lol :D

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, as I think receiving a handmade Christmas card always feels like getting a gift to me :D

2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! That layer of vellum is the perfect touch. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Inspired by Music Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. Love the festive, snowy feel.
    Thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Gift It Challenge.
    Hugs
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete