Friday 23 September 2016

Merry Christmas Polar Bear :D


A really cute Christmas card using the Cute Christmas Character die set from issue 138 of Papercraft Essentials :D I love this Polar Bear sooo much :D I want to try a similar version of this card in different colours for the Snowman and the Penguin critters that you can also make using this gift as they are both adorable too :D

I started with the background for this card, I used the inside die to cut some funky foam, and I used the two pieces that are meant to be the Snowman's arms as a snowflake, I mounted them opposite each other on my acrylic block, so all I had to do was stamp this four times and I got a fantastic looking snowflake :D I used Weathered Wood, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Inks, and I used a combination of first and second generation ink :D I also repeated the process of stamping in the three colours with two of the dots that I had also cut from the funky foam, I just felt like the background needed filling in a tiny bit more :D To make the background extra Christmassy, I spritzed it with water, and added on some Silver Dream Pixie Powder (I literally just got this this morning, I started making this card before lunch, and then my CraftStash order arrived, so I just had to use it on this card :D)

I then die-cut and assembled my Polar Bear, this is sooo adorable!!! If you did it in browns it would make a great teddy bear too :D I felt like he was getting a little bit too lost in the background, so I added a die-cut panel of vellum to mute down the background a little :D I then used the Merry Lawn Fawn Scripty die along with a Christmas stamp from the Apple Blossom Merry and Bright stamp set to create my sentiments, and my final finishing touch was then three beautiful delicate silver snowflake sequins :D I REALLY love this card!! I love it when the card you imagine in your brain actually comes out in the flesh :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel,
CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D





I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, as I've been listening to Christmas music already, and this is the result lol :D

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, as I think receiving a handmade Christmas card always feels like getting a gift to me :D