Saturday 12 November 2016

You're A Spec-Tacular Parent :D


This is a bit of an abstract use of a magazine freebie, as I've only used one word from one of the sentiments and the little cluster of hearts and stars stamps, but I think it still qualifies lol :D For the cards I used the Stardust die and stamp set free with issue 17 of Die-Cutting Essentials :D I've made some cards similar to these before, one with shaker glasses and the sentiment 'Eye Thank You' and another version with the same googley eyes with the sentiment 'You're Spec-Tacular Dad) as a Father's Day card, but I didn't film them so I don't think I ended up sharing them on my blog :D As soon as I saw the sentiment 'Have a Spectacular Day' on this stamp set, this idea popped back into my head, however the stamp was quite small, so I decided to add in some other fonts and change the sentiment to be 'You're a Spec-Tacular Mummy/Daddy' so that it filled more of the empty space :) I did have to alter the Mommy stamp so it said Mummy though as its an Avery Elle set so has the American version lol I'm glad to finally have a stamp that says Spectacular as now I don't need to use my alphabet stamps to spell it out :D

For the glasses I used the Paper Smooches glasses die, and I ink blended using Distress Inks to get the colours :D Hickory Smoke and Mermaid Lagoon for the left, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral for the middle and Brushed Corduroy and Ground Espresso for the right card :D For the stamping of the heart and star clusters I used (from left to right again) Cornflower, Ultra Pink and Lime Green Hero Arts Dye inks :D To make the glasses more 3D I die-cut an extra white pair and layered them underneath the coloured ones, then I added some clear sparkle pen, and a layer of 3D Gloss to give a shiny finish :D I just had to give them googley eyes! I got this pack in £land, and the large size fit perfectly inside the lenses :D For the finishing touches I added some eyebrows and smiles in a black pen, and I also added some clear sparkle to the stars and hearts too :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this trio of clean and simple cards, please watch my YouTube video below or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Tonnes more photos below :D