Friday 25 November 2016

Nuvo Embellished Thank You Card :D


A purple and silver (my favourite colour combination!!) thank you card using three different types of #nuvo products; embossing powder, crystal/glitter drops and gilding flakes :D The perfect combination for a thank you card for my Nannie :D I started off with the background, using this large butterfly background stamp by Justrite which I brought a little while ago, and I used my MISTI to stamp it so that I could get a good impression (but as you can see in the photos the right hand side looks a bit off, turns out on a closer look at the stamp that its etched deeper on one side than the other, so it doesn't even stamp all the detail :/ I shall have to query that!!) and I also used some nuvo embossing powder, I just brought this as I was dying to try it out and see what its like, and of course I brought my favourite colour :D This ones called Purple Haze and it is GORGEOUS!! it's practically metallic :D In the pot I thought it looked as though it could be a bit sparkly, but this effect is stunning :D I might have to invest in some more colours! There's a lovely Jade colour which I've got my eye on :D :D :D

The main focal heart is the Floral Cascade die by Leonie Pujol and I die-cut this in white and also in Amethyst Foundations cardstock :D I then also die cut some small flowers using the same two colours, and I cut some leaves using Pale Grey and Slate Grey Foundations card too :D I felt like the heart was getting lost in the background a bit so, I decided to add some vellum behind it, and then I thought, "I just brought the lovely Silver Bullion nuvo gilding flakes, and I haven't used them yet..." so I thought why not experiment and see how well gilding onto vellum works (I love that snowflake vellum which already has the silver on that I used a few days ago, so though this might give the same effect!) And it worked :D Yay :D I used this little 'Thank You' stamp from the Paper Smooches Noggin Toppers stamp set along with some Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue and a little piece of Cut n Dry foam :) I added a small amount of glue onto some scrap paper, then loaded the foam to make my own glue 'ink' pad :D And once the glue had gone tacky, I then added my flakes :D And I decided it needed a little more silver so I also added a strip of double sided tape along the bottom of my card and gilded that too :D The finishing touch was then some nuvo crystal drops :D I used gloss white and silver moondust, and I used ones I had pre-made, but I show in the video how I made some more too to replace the ones I'd used :D Hope you liked the card :D 

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



And to see all the other cards I've made using Tonic products, please check out my Playlist which I've linked below :D



Plenty more photos to follow :D








I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D As I've used three different types of Nuvo products :D