Wednesday 16 November 2016

Celebrate :D


A brightly coloured ink blended celebration card :D Combining the Bowscale layering card blanks die set (1215E) and Celebrate word die (1244E) from #tonicstudios :D A simple, but quite striking card :D For the ink blended background I used Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral and Carved Pumpkin Distress Inks along with the amoeba stencil from Joggles :D I call this technique double stenciling, as I ink blended first, then ink blended in coordinating colours over the stencil, then moved the stencil to a different position and ink blended again :D I then added some water splashes to lift a bit of colour and add a bit of variation to the tone of colour :D

For the frame, I used two of the dies from the Bowscale die set, they weren't consecutive as the patterns alternate between two designs but they were two consecutive dies of the same pattern! The outside shape was actually the waste from yesterdays card too :D I ran this frame through a dotted lattice Darice embossing folder, and I also added a scribbly black line around the inside and outside of the frame to create some extra contrast :D For the sentiment, I used the Celebrate word die from Tonic, however I felt the word wasn't defined enough for me, so I added in the word over the top with a fine black pen (this basically just makes it look as if you had a coordinating stamp to go with the die cut) I just felt that adding this detail made the die more my style if that makes sense lol It did take quite a while, maybe 15 mins, hence why I kept checking it against my card to make sure I was liking how it was looking :D In the background I also added some stars stamped in black (these were from the Stardust die and stamp set which came free with issue 17 of Die-Cutting Essentials) and I added some dots with a white gel pen too :D For the final finishing touch I also added some clear sparkle over the word and on some of the stars too :D Hope you liked this very bold bright card :D :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you liked this video, and want to see any others where I have used Tonic products, please check out my Playlist below :D



Again I'd like to say a big thank you to Tonic for sending me a generous bundle of dies, two of which I used on this card :D Thank you :D :D :D

Lots more photos below :D