Friday 11 November 2016

Remembrance Day 2016 :D


My interpretation of the Royal Legion poppy in honour of Remembrance Day today :D I love the poppy symbol, I remember back when I was in Junior School going to visit the Poppy Factory near where I live and we got to see all the people making all the different types of poppies :D For the card I just drew a scattering of poppies (a version from my head) diagonally across the card in pencil, and one on a separate piece too, and then I outlined them all with a black pen :) For the background poppies I did loose watercolouring incorporating a little of the Berry Red Sparkle Pen, and I also added some splashes in both red and green too :D For the focal poppy I used my Promarkers, Red, Poppy, Forest Green, Pine Green, Cool Grey 5 and Black :D For the final finishing touch, I also added some glossy accents to the centres of the poppies :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this Remembrance Day card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D



If you're interested in seeing how I made these Poppy Magnets above, there's an exclusive video which you can only access from a few links as it's not listed on my YouTube channel!!
Here's the Link :D