Tuesday 22 November 2016

Have a Fantastic Birthday using Tonic Dies :D


A fun gift card holding card created using the Dimensions Kings Cross Case from Tonic Studios, and the metallic set of pens in their Nuvo line too :D I've seen this die set used the intentional way quite a few times, so I thought why not mix it up a bit and use it to create an interactive element as part of a card :D This card is also a bit of a nod to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them lol hence the use of the word fantastic :D I know that case doesn't look exactly like Newts one in the film, but I thought it would be a great birthday card for a Potter fan :D 

I started off with a piece of Kraft card, and I trimmed it so I would have enough to cut all the pieces for two cases (as originally I was going to make 2 cards, each with a flat suitcase on, however this case took me ages to make, so half way through I decided that it looked the perfect size for a gift card, so I ended up creating this :D). I screwed up the piece of card, then flattened it, then crumpled it again etc... a few times, then I flattened it out and rubbed a Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the surface, screwed it up again, and repeated this. Then I wanted to blend this out a bit, so I grabbed my Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and used a blending tool to add some of this colour too :D To create the one suitcase, you will need to die cut the main suitcase shape from the big die, the layer for the suitcase shape, two handles (which I used as the buckled straps), two tops corners, two bottom corners, the 'name plate' I think that's what you'd call it, and finally a scrap strip to use as the handle :D You can see in the video how I assembled all these pieces (Don't forget, you can slow my videos down! If you're watching on YouTube on a computer, you can click the settings button (the little cog symbol) in the bottom right of the video, and this will bring up the option to slow it right down to quarter of the speed :D I do have to make my videos quite fast, as most of my cards take between 30 mins and 2 hrs to make lol, this one was almost 2 hrs ooooppsie :D)  

To add colour to the corner pieces, the 'name plate', the handles and the word 'fantastic', I used the bronze metallic Nuvo pen which is the pack 321N and then to draw the buckles, to add some faux rivets and to outline certain features, I used the gold metallic Nuvo pen which also comes in 321N :D Also for the 'Fantastic' word I used the Apple Blossom Upper Case Alphabet die and for the 'Have a' and 'Birthday' I used a little Avery Elle stamp set and the Cup O Joe Hero Arts Ink Cube :D You can see my whole process of creating the card in the video below, but if you do have any questions about anything, please do leave them in the comments section below, and I will get back to you :D

To see the process behind this cool gift card holding card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D


To see any more cards I have made using Tonic Products, please watch my Playlist linked below :D 


Thank you so much to Tonic Studios for sending me the Nuvo pens and Kings Cross Case die set which I have used in this video!! :D 

Plenty more photos below :D