Thursday 17 November 2016

Winter Wonderland Penguins :D


A winter wonderland card featuring these adorable little penguins with ice skates from the fabulous free gift from issue 140 of Papercraft Essentials :D I love this free gift! And I was lucky enough to be asked to make some cards using it for the magazine, so be sure to have a flick through to page 15 to see some more of my ideas using this adorable gift :D Hope you like them :D For this card, I kept with the same colour scheme as I'd used in the magazine, I really love these colours together for a more modern twist on cards for winter and Christmas :D

I started by lightly blending a mix of Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks onto my background, I then added some stamping in Bubble Gum Hero Arts ink using the dotty gust of wind, and the heart stamps :D To create my frame, I used a Tonic layering basics scalloped square die (1453E) combined with a Crea-nest-lies XXL double stitched square die so that I got the stitching on the inside of my frame, and I used some Pastel Green Foundations cardstock :D I then used the Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders to create my snowy slopes :D For the background of the frame, I used some Aqua Foundations card, then I stamped a snowfall stamp from the Winter Wonderland stamp set free with issue 36 of Creative Stamping using Soft Pool Hero Arts ink (If I was doing this again, I would use a deeper blue, as you can't see the effect in the photos and can only just see it in real life!) I then covered this with a piece of double sided sticky sheet, and I dumped on a load of Tonic Nuvo Diamond Pure Sheen glitter (LOVE this colour!!) :D

I then moved on to my critters :D To colour them I used my Promarkers (as I already knew which colours would work because of already using the colour scheme in the magazine :D) Cool Grey 5, Cool Grey 4, Gold, Pumpkin, Cool Grey 2, Cool Grey 1 and Blender, Pink Carnation, Rose Pink, Meadow Green, Leaf Green :D Once coloured, I cut around all the critters right up to the black line, and then I edged them with a black pen too to hide the white core of the card :D For the sentiment I combined the 'Skatin by to say...' with the 'You melt my heart' from the Creative Stamping stamp set :D The final finishing touches were some clear sparkle, and a black glaze pen for the eyes :D Hope you liked the card :D :D :D

To see the process behind this cute critter Christmas card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



Sooooo exciting!! Issue 140 of Papercraft Essentials (the issue this beautiful Winter Wonderland stamp, die and embossing folder set is free with) features some of the cards I've made!! It's my Papercraft Essentials debut :D I'm soooo excited :D :D :D AND one of my card even takes centre stage on the front cover!! :D

If you'd like to see more cards I've made using the gifts free on magazines, please check out my Playlist which I've linked below :D



 Lots more photos below :D







I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Christmas Critters :D