Tuesday 16 August 2016

Thank you Roses :D


I made this card using a mixture of stamp and die sets I got in the bargain section on the Craftstash website a little while ago :D A mixture of Avery Elle, Paper Smooches, Apple Blossom and Ultimate Crafts brands :D

I started by using some Pastel Green Creative Expressions Foundation card to cut out the Apple Blossom Circular foliage die, along with multiples of the swirly parts of the Ultimate Crafts Jadene Careless and Free die set :D I then used the two scribbly circle stamps from the Avery Elle We R Family stamp set (which I think look like roses :D) and I stamped both sizes multiple times in black ink and heat embossed with clear detail Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder :D I then used the large and medium solid circle stamps from the Paper Smooches Gently Seasoned 2 stamp set to 'colour' in the 'roses' I used a mix of Bubble Bum and Ultra Pink Hero Arts inks (and Lemon Yellow and Butter Bar for the yellow version) :D The sentiment 'Thank you' came in a mini Forever Friends stamp set which came free with the August issue of Creativity Magazine (and the sentiment for the yellow baby card was from the Avery Elle We R Family stamp set :D) The white central panel which I used for the sentiment is from the Ultimate Crafts Nakeisha Blooming Flowers nesting die set... To help with the arrangement of the flowers and foliage around the circle, I laid all the elements roughly where I wanted them, then took a photo with my phone, I didn't stick to it exactly, but it made the process much easier, and it was also good, because you could tell which ones would look better stuck flat or raised up with foam :D The final finishing touches were a scattering of different sized gems to coordinate with the colour scheme and also some clear Spectrum Noir Glitter pen all over the roses :D Hope you like the cards!! I really enjoyed making them :D :D :D And my best friend Danielle was thrilled with the yellow version, which was congratulating her on the birth of her gorgeous daughter Primrose :D

To see the process behind the thank you card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Some more photos of both cards below :D