Friday 12 August 2016

Another Year Flies By :D


I made this card using the Hummingbird Designer Collection stamps and embossing folder that came with Issue 153 of Simply Cards and Papercraft! There's also a little sneaky peek of tomorrows card too :D I love this punny sentiment 'another year flies by' :D I've got plans to use it with a butterfly too :D I also used the Sue Wilson Auriga Gemini Die, as I thought this side of it looks a little bit like a lilly pad :D :D

A pretty simple card, the background was created by ink blending Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron Distress Inks (I used these two to match the colours I'd used for the frog image) and I also blended through a bit of punchanella to add a little bit of interest to the background :D For my focal panel I used the Vertical Stitched Strips dies from MFT, I also decided to create a portrait card in the end, so I used my main panels background die to trim this down to size (you can see what I mean in the video) when I attached this to the card, I used a piece of foam tape down the centre and then used wet glue to tack down the border so that I didn't have to cut tiny bits of foam tape to support it all :D  I cut the Auriga die twice from some Raspberry Foundations card and I layered this behind my stitched strip, I also paid attention to where I would be trimming this down so that the borders looked even and symmetrical on the card :D To colour the frog image, I used Meadow Green, Leaf Green, Bright Green and Forest Promarkers :D and I used a tiny bit of Warm Grey 2 for the little fly :D The final finishing touches were a splattering of Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle and a scattering of iridescent sequins :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Thanks so much for watching! look out for tomorrows card (there's a sneak peek of it in today's video :D) Here's a few extra photos :D