Monday 22 August 2016

Merry Christmas White Dove :D



I just had to try using my Gansai Tambi watercolours on my Gelli plate, and I thought it would make the perfect background for this gorgeous Dove die from Apple Blossom, this was the free gift on issue 143 of Simply Cards & Papercraft, and the sentiment is from issue 137 of Papercraft Essentials (which is out on Thursday 25th August) :D

This was such a simple card to create, I just added some watercolour paint onto my Gelli and pulled a print, I then added a slightly darker tone and did it again etc etc.. I also added some white and some silver Gansai Tambi too :D and I just kept adding different layers until I was happy with the effect :D For the focal element in the background (the shield) I used Cosmic Shimmer detail Silver Shine embossing powder, and the gorgeous stamp is from Tim Holtz in the stamp set called Sketch :D I'd had my eye on this set for a while and ended up getting it for an extremely amazing price from Craftstash in one of their sales :D :D The banner was cut from the Avery Elle dotted dies set (except this one isn't dotty lol) and the sentiment was also stamped in the same silver embossing powder :D For the dove element, I cut three for each card and layered them up to make a thicker embellishment, and then of course I added some Spectrum Noir clear sparkle :D :D Final touch was just adding a few white dots in the background with a gel pen, I find this helps unify a card sometimes, often a little extra white just balances the design :D :D :D Hope you like the cards!! I certainly love using watercolours with my Gelli plate :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



More photos below :D