Friday 19 August 2016

Just to Say... :D


To make this shaker card, I used my Gelli Plate with Distress Inks and combined this technique with the Autumn Leaves embossing folder and die set from issue 14 of Die-Cutting Essentials where I used the maple leaf die to create a custom stencil as well as my shaker aperture :D

For the background I used, Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Pine Needles and Peeled Paint Distress Inks along with my Gelli plate and some punchanella (you can see my process in the video below :D) this was my first time using a Gelli plate so I was just experimenting really, I did end up making another background along the way as well, but this hasn't become a finished card yet lol :D I also added some Antique Gold Artiste acrylic paint, I added this where I wanted my aperture to be cut (so that when I cut the leaf out there would be a little gold edge around it) and also randomly through some punchanella :D I used the off cut from my A6 panel (once I'd die cut it with the Avery Elle Dotted Dies big rectangle) as my sentiment strip, and I used a banner from the Dotted Dies set to give me the same dotty effect either side, the brown card I've used is Dark Roast Coffee Foundations card from Creative Expressions :D

For the backer of my shaker, I decided to emboss the maple leaf die into some brown card so that the detail would show through (to emboss on the Cuttlebug, I use this sandwich... A plate, B plate, 4 pieces of copy paper folded in half, Spellbinders Junior tan mat, card, die facing down, then another B plate) I really like doing this, and you can see in the video how I draw around the piece of card on the back of the front panel so that I can line it up once I've filled my shaker :D For the shaker elements I used some round gold discs (which I got from Morrisons and they were called table confetti) along with some gold and silver micro beads and some sequin centers :D The finishing touches were then the die cut sentiment (which is actually a really nice font :D) and some gold cup sequins, I used the dots from the punchanella to line these up :D :D Hope you like the card, I'm not sure whether I'm that keen on it, but as it was the first time I'd played with my Gelli plate I thought I would still share it anyway :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel, CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



A couple more photos showing some of the background detail :D