Monday 8 August 2016

Birthday Wishes Cat :D


I combined an old free gift from issue 146 of Simply Cards and Papercraft with one of the stamps from issue 32 of Creative Stamping :D I've had this furry friends stamp set since the magazine came out, and have finally gotten round to making a card with it :D This was a birthday card for my next door neighbour :D

This was a fairly simple card to create, you just need to have it planned out in your head before you start so that you know exactly where you need to die cut things :D I used a mixture of MFT stitched rectangles and the Simon Says Stamp stitched circles to die cut all my layers (you can see on the video how I was planning out all the pieces) and I'd say the only tricky part is positioning the circle aperture in the right place (but again you can see how I did this in the video too) :D For stamping the fish background and the paw prints, I used Hero Arts Tide Pool ink and for all the black stamping I used Versafine Onyx Black Pigment ink (my favourite black ink!!)... To colour the cat, I went for a ginger colour as my neighbour used to have a ginger cat called Henry, and I used Promarkers to do this, I used Pastel Yellow, Tulip Yellow and Ginger and then I also added in Terracotta when I was colouring the basket (which is from the Summer in the Garden stamp set from issue 32 of Creative Stamping) :D the only other slightly tricky part is lining up your cutting of the front and back of the cat! I ended up wiping the ink from the whiskers part of the stamp on the back of the cat to make this process easier as well... First you cut out the front (the cats head) then you hold the back of the cat up to the light and place the front over the head area, (making sure that both of the back sides of the card are together) you then carefully put this back on your desk and trace round with a pencil (you can see I did this process twice in the video lol, you might as well make sure its perfect first time :D) this then gives you a rough guide for getting them lined up correctly, but as you have drawn round the outside of the piece you already cut, you will need to trim the back section a tiny bit to get them completely lined up!! I then got a fine black pen and drew back in the whiskers on the back of the cat :D I hope that all makes sense, if not please leave any questions in the comments below :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D




I'm entering this card into the Lawnscaping Challenge #135:
http://lawnscaping.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/lawnscaping-challenge-135-patterned.html