Friday 5 August 2016

Wheelie Lost :D


I made this card using the fab little bicycle die from Issue 152 of Simply Cards & Papercraft. I just had to use a punny sentiment making really into wheelie :D (There's another version of a wheelie punny bike sentiment that will be up on my blog soon too :D)

For the background, I wanted a cloudy sky, so I cut some random puffy clouds along the length of a piece of doflex (you could use acetate, or even just card to do this too), and I used this as a mask (you have to make sure you use the mask part rather than the stencil part, otherwise you'll end up with blue clouds! so you want to use the piece that will mask off your cloud shapes :D) and I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to do this with a mini ink blending tool :D For the brick wall, I used a patterned paper (this came with a previous issue of Papercraft Essentials, I think it was issue 132 with the flamingo die?) and I decided that the bricks weren't defined enough to go with the style of this card, so I just took a fine black pen and outlined all the bricks roughly to give a more quirky style :D For the bike... I cut this out multiple times one in aqua, one in grey and one in black, I wanted to try and give the feeling of dimension and using multiple layers of card rather than colouring the different sections onto the image gives this effect nicely! I did the same for the wheels, cutting them from grey and black, then cutting out the spokes from the black version and gluing it on top :D

I love using punny sentiments and this idea just popped into my head "how about if the bike had lost one of its wheels... it'd be wheelie lost without it lol"... So I propped the front of the bike up with a pile of bricks, they're not really in the right proportion, but it gives the effect :D and then I added the spare wheel on the inside so the recipient will get the joke when they open the card :D For the sentiment, I decided to mix and match some different fonts, I used the Apple Blossom upper and lower case alphabet dies, a Lawn Fawn alphabet stamp set, a Creative Stamps stamp set (bold sentiments) and the without is from the stamp set from issue 32 of Creative Stamping :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments :D