Sunday, 7 August 2016

Thanks a Bunch :D


For this pair of cards I have turned the cone and bowl from the Ice Cream Sundae die, stamp and embossing folder set from issue 13 of Die-Cutting Essentials into a bunch of flowers and a flower arrangement :D After I'd made my ice cream shaker cards with the free set, I was trying to think of another way to use the sundae bowl, because I really love the shape of it, and then suddenly it hit me, "how about a flower arrangement!" And then I thought "that cone would be perfect for a bunch of flowers too!!" so here they are my pair of flower themed cards using an ice cream set as my starting point :D I also used the sentiment 'Thanks a Bunch' from the Totally Tropical stamp, die and embossing folder set which came with issue 135 of Papercraft Essentials :D

I had this little set of Xcut flower dies, and I thought that the proportions would be perfect for these cards :D I cut multiple flowers and leaves out of various shades of pinks, purples and green cardstock, and then I decided to add a little bit of detail using some Pro and Flex markers :D I used funnily enough, Leaf Green on the leaves lol, and then Red Violet, Purple and Crimson for all the flowers, I really love this tone on tone look, and using coloured card as the base of the flower makes it so much easier than having to colour that too :D All I did to create the detail was flick the pen from the centre of the leaf or a petal to the outside just to give a little bit of interest :D I cut the cone and bowl from some grey card, and again I added some subtle detail, this time using some Grey Promarkers (if you get too heavy handed you can always go over the top with the chisel end of the colourless blender and this will help the pen blend into the cardstock more :D)

For the subtle ink blending on the focal panels, I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and a mini ink blending tool :D When it came to attaching the flowers, the first thing I did was lay them down roughly how I wanted them, and then I took a photo with my phone, I then followed this as a rough guideline of where to place them when I was adding the glue... When attaching the flowers, I added the lower layers flat to the card, and for the foremost flowers, I used a ball tool and the back of a piece of cut n dry foam to mould the flowers into more of a cup shape. I also finished the flowers off with an appropriately sized gem in their centers :D The final finishing touches were then a scattering of sequins and the sentiments :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D  If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments :D





I'm entering these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-fabulous-florals/

No comments:

Post a Comment