Tuesday 30 August 2016

Aim High Jelly :D


For this pair of cards I combined the Up in the Air stamp set free with issue 33 of Creative Stamping, with the I'm so Jelly stamp set from Lawn Fawn :D and I tried to be clever with the colours of the balloons, so that when the balloons are under water the original colour has been mixed with blue :D
Where pink and blue will make a purpley colour and yellow and blue will make green :D

I started by stamping out all the images, using a post-it note mask where needed, then I covered the balloons and critters with Pebeo masking fluid (love this stuff) and I also added some splatters into the background too :D I then used a combination of Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Blue Print Sketch Distress Inks to colour my sky and ocean :D To give perspective with the bubbles under the water, I also splatted on a little bit of water and lifted off the colour to give pale blue bubbles to go with the white bubbles that will appear from underneath the masking fluid :D To remove the liquid mask, you first need to wipe a piece of kitchen roll over the top to remove any excess ink so that it doesn't transfer to your masked images, and then you simple rub it away :D

I then moved on to the colouring, as usual I used my Promarkers... Plum, Aubergine, Magenta, Cerise, Pumpkin, Mandarin, Lemon, Canary, Gold, Emerald and Lush Green :D I just did very simple colouring using two shades of the same colour just to give a little bit of shading, and I have a Top Tip for colouring critters, if you don't get a smooth blend between your colours, just add some dots, this hides that the colours didn't blend well, but it also adds to the critters giving them a bit of texture :D The finishing touches were then a little bit of white gel pen, and some Spectrum Noir clear sparkle :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D