Friday, 19 August 2016

Just to Say... :D


To make this shaker card, I used my Gelli Plate with Distress Inks and combined this technique with the Autumn Leaves embossing folder and die set from issue 14 of Die-Cutting Essentials where I used the maple leaf die to create a custom stencil as well as my shaker aperture :D

For the background I used, Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Pine Needles and Peeled Paint Distress Inks along with my Gelli plate and some punchanella (you can see my process in the video below :D) this was my first time using a Gelli plate so I was just experimenting really, I did end up making another background along the way as well, but this hasn't become a finished card yet lol :D I also added some Antique Gold Artiste acrylic paint, I added this where I wanted my aperture to be cut (so that when I cut the leaf out there would be a little gold edge around it) and also randomly through some punchanella :D I used the off cut from my A6 panel (once I'd die cut it with the Avery Elle Dotted Dies big rectangle) as my sentiment strip, and I used a banner from the Dotted Dies set to give me the same dotty effect either side, the brown card I've used is Dark Roast Coffee Foundations card from Creative Expressions :D

For the backer of my shaker, I decided to emboss the maple leaf die into some brown card so that the detail would show through (to emboss on the Cuttlebug, I use this sandwich... A plate, B plate, 4 pieces of copy paper folded in half, Spellbinders Junior tan mat, card, die facing down, then another B plate) I really like doing this, and you can see in the video how I draw around the piece of card on the back of the front panel so that I can line it up once I've filled my shaker :D For the shaker elements I used some round gold discs (which I got from Morrisons and they were called table confetti) along with some gold and silver micro beads and some sequin centers :D The finishing touches were then the die cut sentiment (which is actually a really nice font :D) and some gold cup sequins, I used the dots from the punchanella to line these up :D :D Hope you like the card, I'm not sure whether I'm that keen on it, but as it was the first time I'd played with my Gelli plate I thought I would still share it anyway :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel, CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



A couple more photos showing some of the background detail :D 



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Have found your videos recently and subscribed so I don't miss any new ones you make :-)
    Thank you for such great tutorials and brilliant ideas especially ones using the magazine freebies. Love to watch you work and thanks for the tip on one of your YouTube videos about slowing down the speed...very helpful. Great to see you also using the dear old Cuttlebug and not some of the new machines...so many of us still have this lovely work horse. Am a little confused by the plate sandwich you use for a lot of your dies though.
    Again, many, many thanks for all the ideas you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for subscribing!! I hope you enjoy all my future videos as much as my past ones :D :D :D hahaha, yes, well I actually only own the Cuttlebug lol but I love it sooo much, however it does struggle a bit with the more intricate dies lol I use the same sandwich for all the dies I own, the thick A plate then a B plate which I cut into, then the C plate on top... you might be getting confused when I flip the top two plates over though... I make the sandwich as said above, but I hold the B and C plate together tightly and flip them so that the B plate is on the top and so the cutting edge is now facing up, I usually do this for more intricate dies as it tends to cut better this way :D Hope that's un-confused you :D Christine xxx

      Delete