Thursday 4 August 2016

Watercoloured Pineapples :D


Loose watercolour style pineapples using Distress Inks created using the Totally Tropical Stamp, Die and Embossing folder set from Issue 135 of Papercraft Essentials :D  This is such a summery set, and I thought the pineapples were just screaming out to be watercoloured :D

These are a pair of really simple cards!! I started off with an A5 piece of watercolour card (I use Cass Art brand) and I used Fossilized Amber, Brushed Corduroy, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover Distress Inks to stamp pineapples randomly all over the background :D I also stamped the greenery a few times just to create a bushier effect... to give a watercolourey effect, I then sprayed the background with water to get all the colour to run, adding in any extra colour where needed and when dry I added in some splatters :D To add a focal element, I used the embossing folder along the bottom of the card, on one I used the emboss and on the other I used the deboss and I used some brown ink to pick out the detail :D I added a strip of hessian ribbon from Docrafts to go along with the natural feel of the card, and to leave it as a more masculine card, I just tied a knot in the middle rather than adding a bow... The finishing touches were then a scattering of sequins and the sentiment where I used Rich Cocoa Memento ink, and I used my MISTI to stamp it, this was for two reasons 1. my ink pad is really dry 2. I was using watercolour card, which has a texture so its more difficult to get a crisp impression first time :D Hope you like the cards :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



More photos below :D




I'm entering these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=6093